Following the publication of our reopening plans for September, we wanted to share a little more information on how catering will work in a way that minimises any unnecessary contact and promotes a safe environment.
- Lunches for students in Year 7-9 will be delivered to their Tutor Room at lunch time following a pre-order placed during morning Tutor Time;
- Lunches for students in Years 10-13 will be pre-ordered during morning Tutor Time, and then made available to collect and eat in Quisine through staggered lunch sittings;
- Students will also have access to an outdoor recreational space during break and lunch times;
- Snacks/drinks are available to purchase for break time, and these must be pre-ordered during morning Tutor Time;
- Students may wish to bring a bottle of water to consume in lessons, this must be filled up at home as the water fountains cannot be used at present for hygiene reasons;
- Years 12 and 13 students will continue to have access to the coffee shop throughout the day.
To help support this process, please ensure that your child has sufficient credit on their account through ParentPay, we will not be handling cash payments. We suggest that £12 per week is sufficient credit enabling your child to purchase a meal deal each day. Students in receipt of the Free School Meals scheme will automatically have this credited to their account each day.
Students may continue to bring their own packed lunch if preferred.
Parents of new students who do not yet have a ParentPay account will be sent details on how to access this in due course, your child will still be able to order meals in the meantime and this will show as a debt on their account which can then be settled once your ParentPay account has been activated.
The menu rotates over a two week period and can be found below. Each day there is an option of:
- Hot meal or sandwich including a drink and dessert (vegetarian option available) for £2.40
- Snack option from £1.25
Where a student has an allergy or food intolerance, the Special Diet Consideration Form must be completed and returned to the Academy Reception; without this form completed and submitted, students will have access to an unrestricted menu.
Special Diet Consideration Form
Please complete the attached Special Diet Consideration Form for any child with an allergy, intolerance, or restricted diet and submit to the Academy Reception with a copy of any medical paperwork to support your child’s condition. The Academy will then share this information with our catering partner, Sodexo. Where this form is not completed and submitted, students will have access to an unrestricted menu.