Sixth Form students, staff and invited guests from Education and Business were treated to a live violin concert by Violinist Craig Owen just before the Easter Break, as part of the annual Sponsors Dinner. Students were given a once in a lifetime opportunity to network with CEOs from major organisations within the West Midlands and surrounding areas whilst enjoying a three course meal and a wonderful live concert.
Speaking at the dinner, the Sponsor of Q3 Academy Mr Eric Payne OBE described the journey of life as a Cacophony which is not always easy and doesn’t always make sense. He explained that notes need to be played together as a symphony and in order to create a harmony individuals need to ensure they have rules and discipline in their lives with set boundaries.
Another successful event with awards going to the following students:
- Exemplary attendance – Dan Wilson
- Outstanding effort – Manjeevan Kaur
- Goes above and beyond – Sophie Iroegbunam
- Most improved – Emma Humphries
- Demonstrates Academy ethos – Alex Nuttall
- Personal Achievement Award – Daniel Scott
- Overall contribution to Sixth Form – Elizabeth Robinson
- Student of the Year – Leonie Palmer
- Principal’s Award – Kieran Rowe
- Sponsors’ Award – Daniel Devane[/list]