Following careful review of the processes we’ve had in place since we reopened in September, we wanted to share a little more information on how catering will continue to work in a way that minimises any unnecessary contact and promotes a safe environment.
- We encourage students to use their personal hand sanitiser before and after handling or eating food items, whilst hand washing facilities are available in the toilets, this will minimise their wait times during break and lunch;
- Lunches for students in Year 7-9 will be pre-ordered during Tutor Time, and then made available to collect and eat in Design Centre through staggered lunch sittings;
- Lunches for students in Years 10-13 will be pre-ordered during Tutor Time, and then made available to collect and eat in Quisine through staggered lunch sittings;
- All students will also have access to an outdoor recreational space during break and lunch times for their Year Group only;
- Snacks/drinks are available to purchase using contactless ID cards, and any hot items can be pre-ordered during Tutor Time;
- Students may wish to bring a bottle of water to consume in lessons, this must be filled up at home as the water fountains should not be used at present for hygiene reasons;
- Years 12 and 13 students will continue to have access to the coffee shop throughout the day.
Dining areas are cleaned thoroughly between each sitting to minimise the risk of cross-infection across Year Groups.
To help support this process, please ensure that your child has sufficient credit on their account through ParentPay, we will not be handling cash payments. It is essential to ensure that your child has sufficient funds to order the food and/or drink that they require; we suggest that £12 per week is sufficient credit enabling your child to purchase a meal deal each day. Students in receipt of the Free School Meals scheme will automatically have this credited to their account each day.
Students may continue to bring their own packed lunch if preferred.
The menu rotates over a two or three week period and each day there is an option of:
- Hot or cold meal deal (a hot main meal or sandwich with a drink and dessert – vegetarian option available) for £2.40;
- Hot snack options (individually priced starting at 95p);
- Snacks and drinks that can be selected and paid for at the till at break/lunch (through contactless ID card payment only).
Special Diet Consideration Form
Please complete the attached Special Diet Consideration Form for any child with an allergy, intolerance, or restricted diet and submit to the Academy Reception with a copy of any medical paperwork to support your child’s condition. The Academy will then share this information with our catering partner, Sodexo. Where this form is not completed and submitted, students will have access to an unrestricted menu, so it is important that this information is accurate to ensure appropriate dietary restrictions are in place.