The Sixth Form at Q3 Academy Great Barr seeks to develop the independent learning, self-reliance, and teamwork for young people to realise their aspirations. The majority of our students will continue onto higher education at university. However, increasing numbers of students are embarking on their career journeys through apprenticeship programmes.
We therefore seek to prepare them for that next step in their education through encouragement to take responsibility for their own learning and building confidence in managing their own lives.
Director of Sixth Form: Mrs V Noakes
Sixth Form Administrator: Mrs L Devane
E: Please click here to email us
T: 0121 358 8570
A: Q3 Academy Sixth Form, Wilderness Lane, Birmingham, B43 7SD
Applications are to be made through our online application form here.
The application process will close on 31st January 2022, early application is encouraged.
The maximum Sixth Form capacity in Year 12 for September 2022 is 80. In the event of oversubscription, priority will be given to current Year 11 internal applicants when allocating places. The maximum Sixth Form capacity for Year 12 external candidates for September 2022 is 10. This number may be exceeded if demand for available courses can be met. All external applicants for Q3 Academy Great Barr Sixth Form will be required to attend an interview. The interview will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions regarding your application, as well as for us to ascertain your suitability for Sixth Form. We will also offer advice on the suitability of the combination of your chosen subjects. Successful applicants will be offered a conditional place in writing.
We are willing to consider applications received after the 31st January 2022. However, we expect some subjects will be oversubscribed and it will be necessary to place later applicants on a late applicant waiting list. Any applicants who apply after the closing date will be considered after those students that applied within the 31st January deadline who have been made a conditional offer and those on the waiting list.
Additional Admissions Information:
- Students will be considered for entry into Year 12 based upon their academic attainment and/or individual subject grade criteria and the availability and suitability of courses at Q3 Academy Great Barr. Individual decisions will be reviewed on merit and will not set a precedent for other students;
- The entry requirement for Sixth Form is 5 GCSEs at grade 5 or above including Maths and English Language;
- Individual subjects have specific entry requirements that will need to be met;
- Subjects may be withdrawn if there are insufficient student numbers;
- For oversubscribed subjects, a student’s Attainment 8 score from their GCSE results will be used to allocate places;
- A-Level Geography involves mandatory fieldwork which incurs a cost of approximately £200;
- The final date of entry for Year 12 will be 19th September 2022.
Please complete the form here to enrol at Q3 Academy Great Barr Sixth Form.
UCAS Guide for Parents/Carers
Please find the Sixth Form handbook for students, parents/carers here.