All of our parents/carers have been sent a text message and email this morning to notify them that the Academy will be closed on Thursday 9th March. We will continue to monitor the weather and reassess the Academy site on Friday 10th March; we’ll be in touch as soon as possible to advise if we are able to re-open.
Closing the Academy is always a last resort, so we can only apologise when the notification to close comes so late. We will always endeavour to open the Academy where possible. However, the weather forecast has quickly deteriorated which makes it difficult to maintain the safety of students on the Academy site and impacts our staffing numbers as to provide appropriate supervision.
Take care and stay safe!