The Travel Plan:
- Has clear objectives and targets for increasing the use of sustainable modes of travel to Q3 Academy Great Barr amongst staff and students.
- Sets out the measures that will be implemented to encourage and facilitate the use of more sustainable modes of travel.
- Addresses key concerns such as safety and wellbeing.
- Will be shared with staff, students, parents, governors and the wider Q3 Academy Great Barr community.
- Will be reviewed on a regular basis to see if we are meeting our targets.
Walking is a great way to get to Q3 Academy, during our latest travel survey nearly two thirds of students told us they use this super sustainable way to get here! Pedestrian facilities within the site are excellent – we have good quality footpaths with easy to follow signage. We encourage all our students to keep safe on their journey to school. Check out the Think! Website for some great road safety advice.
In terms of cycling provision, there are a total of 30 spaces for cycles on site which are partly covered and secure. Lockers are provided. Showers and changing facilities are provided in the PE area for those who cycle to the Academy.
There are 140 car parking spaces on site, of which 6 are disabled bays, 4 are designated spaces for named individuals and 11 are designated visitor spaces. Parking permits are available for sixth formers with cars.
The turning circle/drop off point at the front of the Academy is used by both the Academy bus and public bus services. There are problems with congestion in this area at the start and end of the school day with parents regularly parking in the drop of zone.
We encourage our students to travel to the Academy using sustainable modes such as walking, cycling and the bus where possible. However if you are parking outside school to drop off/pick up a student please do so considerately and respect the signs and road markings.
Why not consider dropping students off a bit further away and letting them walk the rest of the way – walking is a great way to keep healthy and it will help tackle the congestion problems outside of school.